Employment at K2 Aviation
Thank you for your interest in K2 Aviation! We offer a fun and exciting atmosphere for those looking for adventure. We are looking for friendly, hardworking, well-qualified people to work with us.
K2 Aviation offers several employment options from May through September, as well as year-round positions.
Office Staff Positions
For more information, contact Stephanie Smothers at [email protected] or by fax: 907-733-1221.
- Customer Service Representative – Customer Service Representatives work directly with our customers, answering questions, booking trips, and checking in customers for their trip.
- Van Driver – Van drivers pick up and drop off clients, and help out around the office.
- Ramp Agent – Ramp agents help get our aircraft ready for flight, and assist pilots in their duties and with loading gear.
- Flight Follower – Flight followers dispatch and track all of our flights. They calculate aircraft loads, schedules, and available pilots to best serve our customers.
All positions in Talkeetna are part of a team setting and help out where needed on any particular day. We are open seven days a week in the summer, and employees generally work two shifts. Complete the K2 Employment Application below to apply.
Aircraft Mechanic Applicants
Send your resume to Dallas at [email protected] or by fax: (907) 733-1221
- AP Certified Mechanics
- IA Certification a plus
- Experienced in the make and models of K2 Aviation Aircraft including de Havilland, Piper, & Cessna
- Turbine engine experience a plus
Pilots are responsible for safety first. We are looking for pilots who enjoy interacting with our clients and showing them the beauty of Denali National Park.
Please send a resume to Chris Wilson at [email protected] or by fax: 907-733-1221.
New pilots are required to attend one week of ground school in Anchorage during the last part of April, as well as on-site training in Talkeetna the first two weeks of May.
- Commercial license
- 2,000 hours minimum total time
- 500 hours minimum Alaska time preferred
- Experience flying make and model of K2 Aviation aircraft including de Havilland Turbine Otter, de Havilland Beaver, Piper Navajo, Cessna 185 or the Piper Cherokee
- 500 hours tailwheel time preferred
K2 Aviation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.